As we’re setting ourselves up for a new decade at 2020, we wanted to share 20 tips to keep your ‘health vision’ 20/20!!
- Set realistic SMART goals
- See our BLOG by clicking here https://www.fortcollinspt.com/january-2018-setting-smart-goals-in-the-new-year/
- Get MOVING!
- Most studies recommend a healthy adult gets in 150 minutes of moderate or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic exercise per week! Spread this time out over the week and this is very easily attained!
- Kickstart your January with Whole30!
- While we don’t promote crash or fad diets, the Whole30 program can be used to discover food sensitivities you may have and get back to eating WHOLE foods!
- This program has you eliminate processed sugars, dairy, grain, legumes, alcohol, etc. for 30 days. You then slowly introduce these foods back in to see how they affect your energy levels, digestion, and inflammation!
- Learn more here https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/
- Consume Local Honey!
- Honey has anti-inflammatory properties that can help your body recover.
- Two teaspoons before bed will even out your blood sugar and help you sleep better!
- Get STRONG!
- Though aerobic cardio exercise is very important, strength training is equally if not more important for your overall health! Most studies say as a general guideline all “major muscle groups” should be trained 2x week (good thing IP exercises incorporate your entire body!)
- Get a yearly skin check
- With how much time we spend in the great outdoors of Colorado, it is important to get a full body skin cancer check at the dermatologist!
- Stay Hydrated!
- The Mayo Clinic suggest men should drink between 3-4 liters/day and women 2-3. If you are very physically active, this number should increase!
- Read books to stimulate your mind! Some of our staff favorites are:
- The Body Electric by Robert O. Becker
- Bad Science by Ben Goldacre
- The Fourth Turning by Neil Howe and William Strauss
- Love Letter to the Earth by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
- Get outside every day!
- For your body to produce/maintain healthy levels of Vitamin D, shoot for 15-30 minutes outside during the daytime.
- Limit screen time at least one hour before bed
- The blue light emitted from electronics can delay the release of melatonin and disturb your circadian rhythm responsible for the sleep/wake cycle.
- Set up an in person social interaction at least 1x/week
- Having a thriving social network can reduce depression and anxiety!
- Start a gratitude journal
- As part of a quick morning or bedtime routine, jot down a few things you’re thankful for to put things into perspective!
- Limit caffeine intake
- Though this will vary person to person, most adults can tolerate up to 400mg of caffeine in a day (roughly 4 cups of coffee). In 2020, see if you can keep this under 200mg!
- Take a daily 30 min walk!
- Get your heartrate up, improve your mental health, stimulate your digestive system, need we go on?
- Listen to a podcast!
- Learn something new while you commute to work, clean your house, or get ready for the day!
- Get a yearly physical
- Whether you have a pre-existing condition or typically are in great health, it is important to partake in preventative measures!
- Go on a social media cleanse!
- Limit your social media usage to help you boost your productivity. If you decide to “mindlessly scroll,” set a timer for 5 minutes and then close the app before 5 minutes becomes an hour!
- Most apps will have a way to monitor how much time you spend per day scrolling. Take a look and decide if you need a break!
- Most adults should be getting 7-9 hours of sleep per night (children should be 10-12), but rarely get that much! Start prioritizing good sleep habits and your body will thank you!
- Try a new physical activity
- Your body craves movement, especially new ones! Grab a friend and go to a yoga class, climbing gym, skiing, hiking, kickboxing, etc. The possibilities are endless!
- Schedule an appointment at IP!
- Lingering injury? Chronic Pain? Difficulty achieving maximal performance? Schedule an evaluation and we will make sure 2020 is your best year yet!
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! 🙂
I simply couldn’t leave your website before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard information an individual provide to your guests? Is going to be back often in order to check out new posts.
I was just looking for this information for a while. After six hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your web site. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this type of informative web sites in top of the list. Generally the top web sites are full of garbage.
thank you for sharing.
Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article
post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.
I simply want to mention I’m beginner to blogs and absolutely enjoyed you’re blog. Likely I’m want to bookmark your blog post . You actually have terrific articles. Thanks for revealing your website page.
Good reading, but I need to read 1 more time. Thanks! Will be good for this month SEO Service project.
I discovered your blog website on google as well as examine a few of your early messages. Continue to maintain the great run. I simply added up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Looking for forward to reading more from you later on!?
“wide ranging, ever changing and restlessly experimental”
Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I loved this post. It was inspiring. Keep on posting!
excellent points altogether, you simply gained a new reader. What would you suggest about your post that you made a few days ago? Any positive?
Wow! This could be one particular of the most helpful blogs We’ve ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Wonderful. I am also a specialist in this topic so I can understand your effort.
It’s nearly impossible to find knowledgeable people on this subject, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
Hey very cool site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds alsoI’m happy to find a lot of useful information here in the post, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .
Thank you for another excellent article. The place else may just anybody get that type of info in such a perfect manner of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the search for such info.
Usually I don’t read article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nice article.
Very good written post. It will be helpful to anybody who employess it, including me. Keep up the good work – for sure i will check out more posts.
I believe you have mentioned some very interesting points , appreciate it for the post.
Absolutely indited written content , regards for information .